View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
basswipe

I'm no fan of DTV either but here's a great Comcast story.

My girl's mother has been in a nursing home for quite some time.With the impending switch to digital signal,Comcast offered all residents extended basic for $9.95 a month.Great!Dude comes and basically hooks up a coax from the jack in the wall to her old but cable ready TV.Nothing but over the air channels.Says she needs a new TV.

I'm thinking new TV?!Why?Its cable ready.So I go up to the nursing home and check it out.I can't figure it out.So we buy a nice little new 14" RCA flat screen(not a true LCD) for short money.I hook it up run the channel scan and nothing but over the air again.Do this two more times and now I'm WTF!!!

Can't go into a rage because of where I'm at.So I start looking at the coax cable and follow it up to the top of the wall into a hidden corner.I notivce two coax jacks in the wall,one looks old and one looks new.The old one is apparently for hook up to the roof antenna.

THE DUMB-ASS TECH HOOKED THE CABLE UP TO THE %$%$%$%$ING ANTENNA JACK!!!!!!!!

Didn't need a new TV.Needed a new tech.In the end my girl's mother waisted $80.She got a better TV but not necessary.

Better rename the Comcast Center to Dumb-Ass Center.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote