View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Bob Thomas
No Shorts On

Send a message via AIM to Bob Thomas
Worst 2 Frickin' weeks EVER!

Started on November 14th with the Wife having abdominal pain. X-ray showed inflammation of her Appendix. Doc said "monitor it" She calls on November 18th in bad pain. They tell her to get to the operating wing immediately. Off we go.

Get there and they prep her for surgery...then they say not today. I ask why. They said they wanted to get her on IV antibiotics and keep her overnight. Overnight stay, morphine and antibiotics. November 19th am, in she goes. Surgery went well but kept her another night. I stop in the 20th to see her and see about discharge and I've got a sinus headache and sore throat. Get her hour and home and I go into a MAJOR sinus infection. Antibiotics for me now, a 4 year old son with a bad cold and a 15 month old learning to use her "new legs" running all around. Fun times. Thanks the Lord for my folks who helped out and her Mom for coming down that weekend from Maine to help.

Tuesday, November 25th rolls around and I'm coughing up crap like crazy. Call the doc. I now also have a viral lung infection. Keep on the antibiotics and cancel the Joisey family trip for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving rolls around and daughter now has a temperature and difficulty breathing. Now SHE has an ear infection. SHE goes on antibiotics. Great....everyone is now sick.

Saturday, November 29th...I'm coughing bad and now have sharp chest pains. No one around to watch kids so I take a couple Percs from the wife's stash (She was feeling better) and get through the night.

Sunday am, I'm in agony...call folks on the way home from Joisey and have them respond to the house to take the kids. Off to the ER. Seems I broke a rib coughing and am in AGONY!!

Monday, wife awakes with a sore throat and coughing. Her turn for the bug.

These past 2 weeks absolutely SUCKED!! Tried coming into work tonight but it will probably be my last night....I'm dying in pain. They have me Vicodin but I want to toss my lunch with that stuff....harsh as hell!!

Warning to all...avoid this bug going around...it's NASTY!

Thanks to my folks and her Mom for helping out and to my wife for helping me out even though she should have been resting....she's one hell of a trooper

That is all....

Bob Thomas
Bob Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote