Thread: YES!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #46
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
Did you really? Place wasnt bad, not too mention the sub $2 beers and $3 shots.

The city shut it down right before the starbucks-abercrombie and only-banks-can-afford-the-lease takeover of central square. That was a sad day. The handful of bar fights didnt help either, but it was a place close to the old neighborhoods heart. It was one of last great bars on Mass Ave this side of the Charles but I guess good things dont last forever. When woolworths left central, I knew the big money seige was on...
I liked the place. I shot darts (and worked) at Father's Too outside of Kenmore and we would frequently play against the A-Team at CPS. I thoroughly enjoyed beating their Ace more often than not because he was a cocky basstird, kissing his trophies and such trying to intimidate us .

Missed the Buck-A-Shot we used to come with on a monthly basis off the cheap end of the speedrack. Also miss the 1$ Busch bottles when things got tight just before a paycheck...

Yep - good (dive) bars

I wouldn't be surprised if most of those good old haunts are gone, The Tam, Father's Fifth, Beacon Hill Pub, Back Bay Pub, etc...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: