Thread: YES!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I will sit here this morning after this historic and flawed (no, not flawed over fraud but by poor candidates) election and pray that Eben, Likwid, Spence, BssB, et al are smarter than me. I know Brian is smarter than me - he's an effin' scientist for cryin' out loud.

I now need to Hope that O will be a center-moderate Prez and that the 18% approval rating congress will find in their hearts the need to make rational decisions and not feel like they have the keys to the candy store. If congress does too much of this:

which is what I expect, we're in for a world of hurt.

I now need to Hope that our nations enemies will not feel emboldened, and should that happen, O can meet that challenge and the congress can develop enough spine to support O and that the right decisions will be made.

I hope congress does more to grow the pie, to support jobs and invest in technologies central to America's Technological & Entrepreneurial leadership in the world - before we get passed by. I hope congress does not choose to simply further divide the existing pie.

I hope that the viciousness of the (radical?) far left does not mirror the viciousness of the far right (Freepers) - for a bunch of peacenik hippies they sure seem to have a mean streak (and are in need a beating).

I sincerely hope that O can accomplish unifying this country in a positive way, support those that keep this country free (this is big in my book), and right some of the wrongs of the past 8 years.

Four years, the clock just started ticking. Do a good job O, and you'll have my support for the next 4. Turn us into the PRC or Europeanize our Country, then you in 4.

Godspeed, O

I'm fiercely Independent, and I approve this message

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: