View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
NIB

I use a old toaster oven.The rack is perfect for hanging multiple jigs.Heat em up at 350 for 10 mins or so.U can get powdered jig paint at most good tackle shops.. cabelas has all the colors.
Take the heated jig an dip it in the powder.it is best if you fluff the powder up first.I take a skewer stick an just swirl it around.U can use the pointed end to clear out the jig eyelet.This can be a PITA..I use a small pc of vinyl tubing an place it on the eyelet to keep it clean.U can mix colors.They don't seem to make a good olive color.U can make the color to match the bucktails u have...
I use plastic pint containers the larger containers are easier to work larger jigs..I use a acid brush to help get the powder in the right places..
Sometimes the jigs will cool down as u are working with the door of the toaster oven opened an they will not take the powder paint.
I just reheat em a few seconds each side on the flame of the stove.Dip an place back on the rack.bake for 20 mins or so at 300..makes em nice and hard..
Don't reuse the oven for french bread pizza's...

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote