Thread: Randall Made
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
leptar
eh! What do you mean?

What are you looking for in a knife?

IMHO Randall's are great knives but are more sought after as look at this purty knife... Awfully pricey.... www.Nor#^&#^&#^&#^&nives.com your best bet without waiting 58 months... lol..

Take a look at www.bladeforums.com

Look at what some of these guys put the knives thru...

Allot of variables to consider when looking at a knife...

Fieldablity = can you sharpen it in the field without having to bring a $400 tool?
Blade steel = from steel like soft stainless to rock hard steel so from dents to chips, to bending and breaking...
Dexterity= Is the handle comfortable and will it wear your wrist/hand down...

Busse, SwampRat, Simonich, Chris Reeve, SOG, BenchMade, Spyderco...

A knife a few people are raving about is the K9 Dingo, well made and perfectly balanced..

Had to do it to ya... when i first got into knives i thought the same thing... Big $$$ doesn't always mean better product, especially when it comes to knives...

FYI longest i ever had to wait for a custom knive made in the USA is 3 weeks start to finish and i paid $200 for 9" overall 4.25" blade of SV30 steel...

And i can batton with it and make wood chucks gawk in awe...

Another site to look at on what not to do with your knife...
http://www.knifetests.com/

What ever you do decide buy from a reputable dealer... because saving $20-$50 might mean buying a Chinese knock off... Another thing to think about when spending $$$$ on high end knives... there are more knock off's out there then there are of the original...

good luck,
Paul
leptar is offline   Reply With Quote