View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
teaser
Wave Jumper

Hey guys, I'm a smoker. I smoke 1 1/2 packs a day and have for 31 years, I am looking forward to quiting soon but not because of health reasons or price of butts ( I buy mine from N.H.) but because I'm just tired of smoking and being hooked on the nicotine. I have quit drinking 18 years ago and haven't been back to it since and I seen the savings there so I know I'll save more after I quit this too.

I applaud all who have not picked up the habit and don't make a big deal out of someone who does, the people who fry my a$$ though are the reformed smokers. To see how some people can become so 2 faced about it after they quit, acting like you're taking away their air and they're going to suffocate unless you put it out. I mean come on now, yeah you quit and good for you but some people like myself do enjoy it as much as some like beer and I for one don't tell anyone what they should do with their life and feel it should apply the same for them, it's my choice and that's that.

I have no problem not smoking around someone who it bothers and I have alot of friends that don't smoke and I always smoke away from them when I need to quench my thirst so to speak. Smoking is bad for you ... okay, what isn't nowadays? Food is bad, alcohol is bad, sex is bad, what's left that's good? Life is short enough without being able to live it the way you want, so if you don't smoke ... great , if you do ... great, it's always been your own decision.

I know nobody came off as the smoking police on this thread and I'm hoping no one takes what I posted as a rant, I just wanted to post as a smoker and say a few things along that line for those of us who do smoke. So if I offended anyone I apologize and it wasn't intentional, now it's time for a smoke.

Tight lines.

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote