View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #26
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastendlu View Post
I'm in the same boat Flap you just have to weather the storm.
Same crap with my 15 year old. Choices get consequences here in my house...but they are not always carried out at her mother's house. Even after she threw a party, and the house was subsequently robbed. (Ex's, not mine) She's in the middle of a two week stay at a camp in Maine right now. We're hoping she gets her "voice" back and uses the break to find herself, without the BF, school, and her girlfriends. (On a good day, high school girls are the worst creatures on the planet....) My first letter to her outlined how when she comes home, she and I are sitting down and deciding the course for the rest of the summer, which will include Sylvan Learning Center, to get her a jump on next year's studies. I did preface the letter by stating how lucky she was to have this opportunity (camp) and that I loved her and looked forward to her return.
Steve, you are blessed with the written word. Maybe try a letter to her?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote