View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
Bush's administration maintains the list. The Bush administration also fashions itself the protector of america from "terrorist killers". I'm just establishing relevancy in alluding to the vagueries of this "war on terror".

The Bin Laden thing, I dont know if we ever had him in custody. We may have had an opportunity to kill him one way or the other, but custody. I dont know, I might have to ask you to substantiate that. And speaking of threats to the west. It was pre 9/11 Bush who said "I dont feel like swatting flies" in reference to the terrorist.

By the way that was awfully confusing analogy, I am having trouble making the connections between Bin Laden and Mandela.
All right, I'm going to respond against my better judgement. It seems that you just don't get it.

For someone who comments on so much about politics and world events, you should know about the Clinton/Bin Laden situation. If you're not familiar, I'll just let you look it up. It's pretty easy to find. And, there is no connection between BinLaden and Mandela (except that they are both on the "list"). All I was doing was showing you that you can blame an administration for something it's not responsible for if you want to disregard all the facts.

Bottom line is that you are going to blame the current administration for anything that you can, whether you have the facts or not. I can't change your hatred for Republicans, nor will I try to.

All I did was point out that you posted something that was inaccurate and all you had to do was say "thanks for pointing it out. I didn't know that he was put on that list years ago". And by your standards, Clinton deserves just as much flack as Bush for Mandela being on that list.