View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot the "But Bush" factor. At least you concede my point that the Reverend effect has turned some people off. I do agree that the final outcome of the election will come down to the perceived vision of the canidates and the fundamental sources that vision is derived from. That's why we're looking at four more years of the GOP.
Some effect, although in the big picture the impact will likely be marginalized assuming Obama doesn't get his advice from former Kerry campaign staffers.

I think most people are smart enough to understand Obama wasn't some brainwashed flockster who's life hinged on Wright's every word. And the rest, perhaps mostly Hannity fans will still cling to the notion that Obama is a secret Cuban exile who's first official act will be to burn the American flag. There's nothing that will change that as they have more interest in mocking than working for beneficial change.

It's probably safe to assume that Obama's vision, like most of us was influenced primarily by his family and his upbringing...in which case he has a pretty strong American platform to stand on.

It's more than ironic how the party of "family values" is so quick to discount this fact.

-spence