View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
free speech, American ideals, American courage....

This solider risks his life for some other country's freedom and yet cannot do things that this country's foundation is built on? Agree with him or not, since when is it a law you have to respect other people's religion? The article further goes on to say that the solider will eb sent to court. Another sad day in American history. Anyone have balls anymore?

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - President George W. Bush has apologized to Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and promised prosecution of a U.S. soldier accused of using a copy of the Koran for target practice, Iraq said on Tuesday.

Bush apologized in a telephone call on Monday with Maliki, who told him the incident had humiliated and angered Iraq's largely Muslim population, the cabinet said in a statement.

"The American president apologized on behalf of the United States ... promising to present the soldier to the courts," it said.

A U.S. embassy spokeswoman said that in the call Bush expressed his deep concern over the "completely unacceptable conduct of an American soldier."

RIJIMMY, even I think this soldier was an idiot. It would be one thing if it was the Taliban Handbook or something, but the Koran is the divine scripture of millions and millions of good people as well. I know you and I alike would have blown a gasket if a bunch of Muslims were using the Bible for target practice.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan