Thread: DONE YET?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
fixed it...cool...no need to mislead, pictures are worth a thousand words, did Obama condemn this like he did Farakhan or was it more like when he suggested that his colleagues wearing flag lapel pins were hypocrits? because I watched the debate and he did so with respect to Farakhan very grudgingly and only did in strong terms after Hillary browbeat him for a while...are are you going to email all of the folks on Youtube that have used those images cause, that should keep you busy for a quite a while...and hey, it's not my flag, I don't care, maybe Obama didn't know but you can be sure that'll be part of the campaign down the road and taken in totality with a number of other things...I'm just lookin' at this politically, Hill is happy...Peace

btw...did the NY Times try to mislead anyone with the pic of McCain and the lobbyist on their cover suggesting...what?...has there been any correction or retraction? just wondering...

just have fun!
So it's ok to mislead as long as you retract?

Did Obama actually call flag wearers hypocrits or did he just say he felt the flag pin had lost its meaning so he didn't want to feel forced to conform to some false norm? Not the same thing really...

The Nation of Islam, for all of Farrakan's faults, has produced some good in the black community to strengthen the family. Wouldn't it make sense for Obama, who might be in a good position to see the net gain given his work in inner city Chicago, to feel compelled to resist pandering to the mainstream who only see the negative?

And if you think wearing or not wearing a flag pin is going to really matter in the election, then I'm not sure how much respect you really have for the average voter. Weren't you just accusing me of being the snob?

-spence