View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
scottw

If you were offended...

Paaaaaleeeese...thicker skin, huh...but I guess I could have said BUSH=HITLER and gotten standing ovations...I'll bet

do you really want to talk politics with those that think exactly like you??? might be easy on the mind just constant reaffirmation of what you think, great exercise for the jaw and head nodding muscles but might make the mind a little mushy...

Politics is ultimately about persuasion, isn't it?

Spence was kind enough to mention FDR

class...FDR was a ....that's right, esteemed democrat....a liberal democrat...he was a liberal democrat because he needed to distance himself from the PROGRESSIVE movement...hear that word a lot these days don't you???

"The Flip. Until FDR, "progressive" was actually the most common term used to describe the mainstream of American leftism. In what can be considered an early example of triangulation, FDR instead chose to call himself a "liberal," thereby poaching some of Hoover's turf while also distancing himself from the left-wing label "progressive." FDR thus changed the meaning of both terms in American political discourse, as the "progressive" label was rendered fringe left-wing, and the "liberal" label was tied to the economic policies of the New Deal instead of the laissez-faire and corporatist policies. From what I understand, Hoover was so outraged over FDR calling himself a liberal during the 1932 campaign, that Hoover challenged FDR to a debate entirely over who was the true "liberal" in the race. It is also important to note that when former Vice President Henry Wallace broke from the Democratic Party in 1948, he took up the banner of the "progressive" party. After that debacle, people did not call themselves "progressive" for some time" (from an FDR website)

this is very important...
It might surprise you but I was watching PBS the other night, they were running a story on the Roesenbergs....they commented in the story that the PROGRESSIVE movement in the early 20th century was the home of the MARXISTS, STALINISTS, LENENINISTS AND COMMUNISTS,
and there was the file footage of the PRORESSIVES marching in the street with their COMMUNISM signs and chants...now it was black and white footage and there may have been a little GRAY(Dad reference)
Liberal democrat FDR felt the need to distance himself from this movement

now follow along.....the Progressive movement is back, Howard Dean was in Europe a little while back giving a speech to the European Progressive Union, I read the text, pretty vanilla but...

Hillary Clinton has said time and again that she does not want to be called a LIBERAL but rather a PROGRESSIVE in the mold of the progressives of the early 20th century...now, I don't know if she's aware that the early 20th c. progressives were marxists, stalinists, lenininists and communists but she is the smartest woman in the world right? I know that she lies a lot but usually about things that will benefit her politically....now if this Dem Candidate (Hill)in her own words wants to be considered a Progressive given what we've learned, and she's widely considered the most centrist of the two dem. candidates...where does that put Obama on the political spectrum???

just sayin'....

so keep on defendin' Rev Wright for his ...wait... are we doing that this week cause I think Obama finally after a close relationship over 20 years just sandbagged all of us and condemned the Rev. because he just now realized that what he was saying wasn't very nice....and now he's repulsive and not allowed to hang out anymore..

and whack Scott Wilson for sayin' marxism is unpatriotic

but someone please point out...I'm gonna make it easier, name a great MARXIST, STALINIST, COMMUNIST, LENNINIST and their great contributions to mankind....I'm waiting....(sound of foot tapping)

oh, and Capitalists that make their vast fortune and then decide that capitalism is bad and spend their time and money promoting Marxism and undermining capitalism, they don't count...George Soros would be the first to come to my mind

"If you don't like Wilson, you knife the land that feeds us all" PEACE