Thread: 600 Clams
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
Adam_777

After seeing first hand the type and quality of the equipment our Army uses over there I agree the money could be spent better.We have troops in tent villages shooting guns from the vietnam era.If they are lucky enough to get personal armor they will get a 70lb vest thats only good for fragments not direct impacts.The trucks are ancient and parts are impossible to find for them as they are at least twice as old as any given soldier.They come home with the stress of war and get denied and ignored by the Military doctors.Sad how we've seen this happen in the past and still haven't fixed it.The lousy money they are sending us is just to try and make us feel better about the government and the current situation of our economy.May even boost a surge of immigrants to come here.The gov't is giving us 600 dollars to spend.I'm sure that all the illegal immigrants will find a way to collect the checks.Yeah we have money to blow........

The whole thing is shady in my opinion and no good.I will take the money because it would be stupid not to but there are better things it should and could be spent on.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote