View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #23
Jimbo

Remember when the Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller Center used to be all about Christmas? Half the performers didn't even sing Christmas songs, few even said something like "Happy Holidays" after they finished. Ashley Tisdale sang twice, the first time she was so off key I thought window panes were going to start breaking in my house, the second time I believe was a lip sync. The clincher for me was Howie Mandell, pre-recorded, saying how NBC gave him the option of being there live or pre-recording something and went on to say that rather than standing out in the cold with everyone, that he'd be home watching himself on the show. Got a Deal or No Deal plug in but gave very little Christmas sentiment. The other guests who appeared just quickly plugged their upcoming movies or shows. Does anyone care that Brooke Shields has a sexy show coming to pilot soon? Tony Bennett screwed up the lyrics to a traditional Christmas tune, and Celine, who is becoming the female animated version of Joe Cocker, was piped in from the Rainbow Room. However Josh Groband and Carrie Underwood were great.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote