View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
BrianS
Canal Junkie

Send a message via AIM to BrianS
Any C# or .NET programmers about?

Here is my dilemma, I am building my firms intranet and I am currently building the admin tools. I am trying to build a tool that allows me to edit the news posts on the front page of the intranet.

I use a gridview to list out the contents of my INT_NewsItems table. Each record is a news post on the front page of the intranet.

I created an EDIT column in the gridview with a hyperlink to a new page passing the ID variable...

basically http:// EditNews.aspx?ID= + ID

On EditNews.aspx I pull the ID variable and use it make a query to populate the page with the information of the record we want to edit/update.

One of the fields we want to update is the IMAGE field. When I create the newsitem I have the ability to upload a picture (using the fileupload) and then I save the path to the database so when the newsitem is viewed, the picture is visible in line rather than as an attachment. For the sake of the EditNews page, I list a hyperlink to the picture and put a button next to it so I can DELETE it if I want. The button works, it points to a delImage function in the CS page, but it only works because I am entering the actual ID of the newitem rather than the ID field...... This is my problem.... I need to know how to pass a variable to the delItem function in the CS page of EditNews.aspx so when I click the Delete button, the ID variable is passed so I can do a query and get the path of the image to delete.

How do I pass/get this variable? Im stumped. All the code is in the EditNews.aspx.cs page. Almost all of the initial population is in the page_load function. I need to pass it to the delImage function with that button.

aim: SaltedBrian
BrianS is offline   Reply With Quote