View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #8
zacs
D'oh

I am 31 y/o.

first show, 12/31/91. Oakland coliseum. Out visiting family in the bay area for xmas, my uncle took me and my cousins.

Hell in a Bucket
Candyman
Beat it on Down the Line
It Must Have Been the Roses
Black-Throated Wind
West L.A. Fadeaway
Masterpiece
Help on the Way
Slipknot!
Franklin's Tower

Not Fade Away
Eyes of the World
Estimated Prophet
drums
space
The Other One
Wharf Rat
Sugar Magnolia

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Obviously I was seriously hooked. Wish I kept count but probably around 45 shows. Last show was 6/15/95 (highgate, vt). Nothing to write home about, but a really fun time. I don't know too many deadheads much younger than I am.

I did get majorly into phish in an extreme way. had the luck of a [real] job that allowed me to travel, and would book business trips around entire summer tour. Nothing like changing out of business attire in the lot in my rental car. I also did not keep count like I should have but easily saw 120, probably over 150. And well over 20 trey shows. Towards the end I started feeling old at the shows compared to the crowd, which is how I am sure a lot of the hardcore old school heads felt.

I think that Phish may hold a little bit more of a special feeling for me, but that is difficult to type. There is magic in Jerry's guitar and soul in his vocals that has never been reached by anyone IMHO. I definitely am way more knowledgeable in all things phish, and have a way bigger collection of phish than dead.

I think I saw or heard on Sirius that they are going to have an all Dead channel. Jam on & Howard are all I listen to now.

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote