View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #93
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Boston P.D. has lost a couple of officers in the last twenty years or so to bombs. I who was severely injured and lived was a buddy of mine. You wouldn't believe the physical and emotional damage that was his misfortune to suffer through. A dear friend and golfing buddy in the seventies was the head bomb guy in the U.S. for the ATF. He took very seriously his teaching other people in how to disarm bombs. They have protocol they have to follow. If only just one of those things were real and they treated it as a fake and wasn't, well. You don't believe anybody but yourself under those circumstances, because yourself and your knowledge is all you have when assessing any potential bomb. All those other cities and CNN should have alerted all the other P.D.'s that they might appear. Certainly where these advertisements were placed the property did not belong to the people who placed them where they were found. They just tresspassed and did what they did because they dont give a chit. Maybe there was an overeaction, but anyone who has ever stood next to one of the bomb guys while he puts on that heavy suit would have a different understanding. I would guess criminally they might not be in as much hot water as some people here might like, because thats beyond a reasonable doubt type of thing, and proving intent is iffy. But in civil court the standard is 51%. Thats just one scintilla more than less and you have to pay up. The producers have what they needed. They scared a bunch of people and caused untold thousands of motorists to wait in traffic jams. Plus lets consider the fact that they interfered with commerce(just another little federal crime), because amongst all those motorists on the highway stuck in traffic there were hundreds of commercials vehicle transporting goods and services to waiting customers, and proving intent with that crime is quite a bit less than what has to be proven in regard to bomb planting. Ha ha, big joke. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Way to go Ted Turner

Last edited by Swimmer; 02-01-2007 at 12:30 PM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote