View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
beamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalman View Post
Why would you attack their editing? Do you find grammatical errors in there... spelling...? As for the layout... you have to remember that they're a weekly mag so they have to put out 4 times what the monthlys do and do it in a quarter of the time. It sucks that you feel like it's sub-par but instead of attacking the work of the guys in the office (many of them members of this board), maybe you could make some constructive comments or suggestions as to what could make the magazine better.

Just a thought.
-Dave
Don't get me wrong, I like the mag, I guess the "editing" word is not the correct term to use not being a newspaper type.....just the layout always seems to be poor. Multiple page numbers and pages with R etc etc. Like you said Dave, weekly and small staff, I guess.

As far as a constructive comment......It would be good if the layout was such that when an article started it ran on consecutive pages until it ended instead of hunting around for it. There seems to be too much of that in TFM. Maybe this is done purposefully to make us groom it more to see the advertising, who knows....

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote