View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
i'm betting he's already been signed to an extension, kraft is a smart schrewd businessman. bb keeps the players he wants to keep.
I agree. Of the big names that left, few bettered their situation.

Milloy played in obscurity in Buffalo. They replaced him with Harrison, a step up, and won two more SBs.

Law went to the Jets and stopped making Pro Bowls.

Ted Washington jumped to Oakland, as close to a hell on earth as there is. And he went from being the stud at NT in a 3-4 to being Oakland's "other" DT in a 4-3.

Losing Branch, tho, that hurt. And we'll see if losing Vinatieri was a blunder the first time a clutch kicking situation arises in the post-season.

I thought McGinest should have had the chance to end his career in Foxboro. But this is the cap era and there are only so many guys you can keep.

My own opinion is that the next HC of the NYG is going to be the present one, Tom Coughlin. The Giants don't change coaches for the sake of change, or to appease disgruntled fans. Coughlin can play the injury card this year and keep his job. Plus, the Giants usually hire from within the organization, or from the "Giants family" which was Coughlin's deal, and Belichick is reported to have burned some bridges in the front office there when he was Parcells' DC. He wasn't even interviewed for the vacancy in the late 1990s, when they hired Jim Fassel.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote