View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr
Your almost right. Partisanship will not be set aside by either party. But I dont think your statement: "it's about neoconservatives vs the rest of the country" isn't correct because if you think mainstream America is standing arm in arm with the far left, Moveon.org, 9/11 conspiracy whack jobs etc. etc, against Neo-Conservatives your very mistaken.
Partisanship among the Right is much deeper on terrorisim than it is on the left. Put simply, the Right is in power and using fear at every turn to push it's policy...

But the vast majority of the country doesn't stand with the "left" and they never have...middle America isn't all that liberal...but they also don't embrace the values of the neoconservative set they have put in power.

People think I'm liberal because of my views, which is absurd...if you think someone is liberal because their anti-Bush then you've been drinking the kool-aid.

In my observation they have been duped, and the Kerry did a pathetic job of presenting a viable option in the last election.

Yet, he still nearly won.

A great book on this topic is John Dean's "Conservatives Without Conscience". It baselines what "conservatisim" is and how far our current leadership has slipped...and why people should care.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote