View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 AM   #1
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

New Plug Line ... Rated PG-17

I had some time on my hands today, as I was stuck at work behind my PC for awhile and finally got around to putting this together.

With everyone and their sister making plugs nowadays...I figured it must be reel easy....so, here is my futile attempt at making some $$$$$Pluggage.....

I have to admit, I haven't been at this long...but these lures are the dog’s bananas. They are hand-carved for explicit detail, soaked in the finest oils and garnished with the strongest hardware.

The Hardware:
We are using the BGee-646 hook on most models. I have good ties with the family and was able to jump on them early. Some of you may not know this but the Bee Gees started playing with metal long before metal even hit the airwaves. Barry Gibbs, possibly a relative of another well-known fishing “Gibbs”, was formerly known as the Gibster. He started fooling around with metals at home and developed this Uranium based material that could withstand the utmost abuse and fiercest environments, unfortunately I’m not advertising for the Gibster so you’ll have to research the company yourself. However it was a good find. You’ll love these things…they will outlast your lures. Please add an additional $3.75 plus taxes if you choose to go with the BGee-646. Otherwise they come garnished with a deluxe South Bend treble assembly for only $1.99 plus taxes.

The Finish:
The finish is flawless; it has to be…it’s a solid polymer material with incredible strength. It gets thru-wired while still in the mold for a more secure grip and then moves along the conveyor belt toward our carving stations. The colors are pre-selected and each plug will have a slight variation from the others giving it that custom-like touch. They used to be Baiters, but now… our Master Carvers spend hour on hour getting each plug just right. The weight-ing system is confidential, as you will not find any weights in these lures. There are different areas with denser polymer pockets dispensing the weight in the correct areas, a very technical procedure. Colors range from Flesh tone to Black, Brown, Red, White and of course Blue. Purchasing the plug in color is only an additional $2.69. If you act now, there is a *Special going on, ANY color will only cost you $1.50 each. I choose the color on the *Specials.

The Lubrication:
Each lure has a cavity that’s packed with some special jelly-oil that gets dispensed every 15 seconds. All our plugs get packed in Provincetown by their finest packers, for some reason labor costs are considerably lower for this position in that small town. The lure has an easy re-fill station near the neck of the plug. This special jelly-oil is a combination of Sardine secretion and Butterfish dynodes that together become the most potent scent on the market. Available in 4oz. Refill bottles upon request at only $7.99 each, plus tax. You can also purchase the video of the packers at work in their hometown for only $14.99 on VHS, $25.99 on DVD and $6.99 on 8-Track…plus tax.

Automation:
These lures also come equipped with an “Automatic” mode. We all have those nights when we get tired from casting but want to continue fishing right? Well these lures solve that problem. All you have to do is turn the “Auto” button on and the lure will vibrate in the water shaking the perfectly placed beads to make an incredible sound that NO fish can withstand. Our talented Field testers randomly test the “Auto” feature to assure that it complies with the ISO9001 standard protocol. The “Auto” feature comes absolutely free with each and every lure. A value of $19.99 alone.
Requires 6 - size “AAZZHO” 6.9Volt batteries.
Only available here for $2.99 each.

Field Testing:
These lures are field tested daily in the most diverse environments. The girls at Hooters do most of the testing as they have very large tanks with an assortment of fish for this type of work. All the girls agree that these lures are the best thing since the double “A” battery. They say their fish can’t get enough, one of the girls accidentally dropped it in her tank while it was in vibrating mode, oh boy...she got all wet trying to get that thing out. While testing, they remove the hooks so no parts of their fish get injured. We understand that these lures are a big hit at Race Point. We’ve only had one complaint, apparently one of the gentlemen on Commercial street had a firm grip on it but obviously applied to much jelly-oil and it slipped from his hands and was never seen again. We recommend you use the larger sizes if you plan on applying large amounts of lubricant.

Sizes are as follows:
The “Knob” – 3.5 inches, 1.5 oz....................$18.95 plus any extras
“Stubby” – 4.0 inches, 1.75 oz....................$20.10 plus any extras
“Pluggo” – 4.5 inches, 2 oz.........................$25.79 plus any extras
“Jeremy” – 6.75 inches 3 oz.......................$29.99 plus any extras
“Da Holmes” – at a whopping 8.5 inches, 4.5 oz. (not for the squeamish)………..A mere $40.00 for this extra-ordinary sized jumbo plus any extras

Yes, I had a LOT of time on my hands today as I was on-call and stuck behind a PC most of the day...so you have to suffer reading this post at least once. Hopefully you didn't get offended, I kept it as clean as I could, still corny though......but seriously, Please support our site plug-makers. More work goes into making these fine quality items than you would think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Joke.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	15409  

Last edited by bloocrab; 05-08-2006 at 01:36 PM..

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote