Thread: some swimmers
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #12
gldnbear93

Thanks for the kind words. Being new to the building (and surfcasting overall) they mean a lot. These are my first ones painted with an airbrush.

As requested, here are some pics with the tails on them.

The smaller surfsters have a nice tail wag on top with a slow retrieve and go just under the surface when you pick up the pace. I really like the action on the short fat one.

The big surfsters have a slow almost lazy swimming action. Twitching the rod tip livens it up.

The little pikies swim nose down with their tails slapping the surface. A little twitch livens them up even more.

The swimmersglide from the surface to about a foot dependin gon the speed of the retrieve. The green and yellow one rolls out though. I think the lip is too big. It's the only one with a lefty 2. The others are smaller.

I topped off the head cement on the tails with 30 minute epoxy. I had one in my hand (a hook eye, not a siwash) and another one fell on the floor. Not even thinking, I stuck the one I was holding in my mouth as I was picking up the one that fell. Epoxy is not the most favorfull of condiments. Cleaning up, I was reminded of the scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie has to chew on the soap after saying the big "F."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Plugs 456 (Medium).jpg
Views:	214
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	14011   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Plugs 457 (Medium).jpg
Views:	213
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	14012  

Go Bears!
gldnbear93 is offline   Reply With Quote