Thread: Beach wedding
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #35
jeffsod

Quote:
Jeff - my wife and I got married at the EXACT platform at Marconi too - June 3, 1999. Yes, great location, but fish can and do bust out there
Great minds think alike

We tossed around a few different ideas for beach locations and the Marconi site was my first choice on the list (second to Hawaii but eloping wasn't an option). I would say that having the board walk up to the platform made it easier too. The photos taken near the cliff after the ceremony are awesome. I could not have been happier with the location and how everything worked out.

We weren't far behind you in timing either. I wanted to do 9/9/99 but it was a Thursday. I figured I could never forget my anniversary that way.

The other thing you need to think about is Music. No outlets on the beach. We hired a guy from Brewster who played a number of instruments and he was good. The wind can be a factor so be prepared to have whoever is doing the ceremony stand up wind of everyone so the people in the back can hear. Prevailing summer winds are southwest but I would be prepared to switch the angle based on the weather forecast and if it's like this past weekend get a bull horn
jeffsod is offline   Reply With Quote