View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
ps:45 min 2 Bean town
Not Monday morning thru Friday evening

John - depends on what you want to do. Gansett to Boston REALLY sucks. I did Warwick to Boston for 2 years and was 1:45 going in on good days and 2 home on good days. Fridays in the summer were 3 hours minimum if I left Boston after 3pm...

Boston commutes SUCK. Here is an example of my commute times to the financial district in Boston (near South Station)

From Brookline/Brighton line on the Green Line - distance 5 miles: 40 minutes before the floods of '97, 60 minutes after (damn BU students )

From Quincy to Boston on Red Line - distance 10 miles: 45 minutes

From Braintree to Boston on Red Line - distance 14 miles: 55 minutes

From Warwick on 95 at almost 75mph to 128 staion to commuter line: 1:40 of combination white knuckle "when will my number come up" driving followed by a 25 minute snooze on the commuter rail...

To make things easiest for your wife and to get you in the Deluxbury / PLymouth area, you can look from Halifax (Got Stripers is selling a Halifax home) to Kingstown and be near the commuter rail lines. This also assumes that your wife is working a relatively normal schedule at a fairly accessible place by T in Boston. Also, one of these towns in the morning is more likely to get her a seat on the train instead of standing. I'm not too familiar with the Kingston line but the Providence line people start standing by North Attleboro (though I would cough up my seat for those that need).

The rents in this area will be fairly comparable to the rents where you are now.
As for fishing, the area you would appreciate the most would be the Cohasset / Scituate area but the access is significantly, acutally exponentially more difficult than where you fish. But I'll square you up with Pete Belsan, one of the nicest B&T guys around...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote