View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #15
Karl F

I dunno... I got a 98 F150, boss got a 98 Tacoma, I got close to 100K, he's got around 60K, we both got the trucks about the same time, used, turn in lease vehicles, both had right around 28K on them, when we got them. Both of us maintain fairly well.
I have had less thing go wrong, and when I have had a recall issue, or a delaer issue, no harm, no foul, in, then out. His experience has not been the same, over 36K, he was the man with no name at the dealer. Yes, my fuel bill is higher, and I do drive more miles. His annual repair bill has averaged double of mine.
I feel the foriegn and US makers are on a level playing field, hell, most of them are co-mingled corporate wise anyhow. Lot of the "US cars are produced with overseas parts, and a lot of Toyotas, and others, are US manufactured.
One thing for sure I will tell you, a vehicle with 100K on it today, made by anybody, has a lot more life left in it than a vehicle with 100K on it a generation ago. I do think the one thing in common ALL manufacturers have is "Planned Obsolecense".
Like a mechanic friend always answers, when asked what to buy...
"What ya like, thier ALL junk, otherwise, I'd be out of a job."
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote