View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 09:07 AM   #24
NIB

Eddie not all my darters have swam good an like i said i'm not sure if the front makes much difference as log as its close.I don't own a Creek Chub darter but iknow the mouth on them is very different.I think if u translate the front to stainless lip philosophy more angle makes it wiggle more an less angle makes it go down more but the top figures into the equasion also.I think the line tie should be in the center of the plug an on top of the slope.i like to make the top part 2 cuts the first cut where the line tie comes out shuold be short an sharp then the second part slopes bout halfway to the back of the plug.like a Gibbs.I have several of the smaller gibbs not swim at all no matter how i changed them up.like i said its a balance thing its the tail fighting the front.mess around with it an see what u come up with.them plastic superstrikes are some of my favorite ones they swim probably the shallowest of all production ones an it u look at the clear ones an see the lead u wonder how they swimm at all.but the lead placemnt being place horizontal on the bottom like that is a good place to put it i have toyed with that idea also.
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote