Thread: Your Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #27
Jenn

when I got married my mother was hurt that I wasnt being married in church and wasnt going to be married in the "eyes of god" and I told her that wasnt a part of my lif and that I was sorry this hurt her. But I asked her why should this matter if we loved each other and we were true to each other ????? that we did not cheat or tell each other lies???? she thought for a moment and replied "I guess youre right and I think of alll the people that were married in
the church and are now divorced, cheating, etc, etc......" from that point she accepted my choice.

how about the 10 commandments??? what if a non believer basicaly lived pretty much to these standards????? would they still be bad people or immoral just because they didnnt believe????? what if a believer broke every rule in the book would this make them a better person because they confessed once a month????

I think these are the biggest reasons I cant convince myself religion is for me...its like saying "you CANT be a good person no matter how hard you try if you dont go to church every sunday"!!!
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote