View Single Post
Old 05-14-2024, 07:11 AM   #23
Rockfish9

First of all , big thanks to john for keeping this thing going.
There are a lot of pieces to this puzzle.
Most of us here have been doing this a very long time, it gets to the point where we've seen just about everything that can happen, highs, lows, storms, moon tides, changing methods, areas that go hot then -not.
Most of us are getting to the stage where weeklong fishing binges fishing around the clock on 2 or 3 hours sleep are a thing of the past, are backs hurt, our knees ache, our shoulders burn after a short time tossing a plug or jigging, we don't discuss new tackle or methods because the ones we use work and are proven, our basement hold enough tackle to put bass pro out of business, we have little respect for he "look at me" intent hero's that want instant gratification for doing no work... and sadly some of "us" are no longer here, we don't travel to hot fishing like we used to so we are not interested in what's happing 2 states away - we have family and loved ones that take more of our time- so we dwell in the past - I fish with rods i built 30 -40 years ago and am on the final stages of restoring a 46 year old boat that I've had for 43 years - as I work on that boat- my mind goes back to my younger days, a time when I spent every waking moment ( and plenty of restless nights) planning my next fishing trip - it seems like yesterday that I was a young kid, standing neck deep in the sewage filled Merrimack river tight to a school striper , My best friend Dave and I laughing at the "old buzzards" shore bound giving advice to us youngsters- now as my arthritic fingers type this - I realize, i'm that "old buzzard" - and damn proud to have made it to buzzardhood.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote