View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 02:32 PM   #1
Fish On

Send a message via Yahoo to Fish On
Block Island Surfcasting

Hello all! Been a while for me for saltwater fishing, but still love reading the great posts from all the anglers here!

I'm tagging along with my son and his BS troop on a 3 night camping trip to the Block. Been telling him stories about MV and the Block and some of the guys that have caught 50+ fish from shore. So he asked me to help him and some other scouts get their fishing merit badges. Should be fun!

Just bought a copy of Surfcasting Around the Block by Dennis Zambrotta from Doug at The Surfcaster. Can't wait for it to arrive. Among other prep work I'm trying to pick a well-known, easy-access spot (no secret spots) where 8 to 10 scouts might have a chance to catch a fish from shore. Would love a recommendation or two. We are staying at the Camp Sandsland by the airport, but have vehicles.

Also looking for a place that rents surfcasting setups. Doug said most placed have stopped renting due to damage (sand) being so common. Anyone know of a place that rents on island or coming north on I 95?

Given this is the Block and the standard lottery rules include a fishing house on The Block, count me in for 3 tickets if you run the pool for tomorrow night. One of these days this site is gonna win! Feeling lucky! Maybe this is the draw~!

Be well all!
Fish On is offline   Reply With Quote