Thread: Brain Fart.
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 09:12 AM   #7
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Went out this morning unplanned with a friend last minute short run from my local ramp 2 miles tops

40 minutes into jigging and drifting he and I notice water in the scupper
He thinks I used the wash down , I am thinking their clogged from all the crap from the trees

Another few minutes goes by no the boat is leaning more than usual I almost dismissed it as both of us on one side.

Thankfully I did not. Lift the rear hatch all I see is water just below my batteries! Then the light bulb goes of I forgot the plug that I had pulled because I expected it to rain and wasn’t planning on going out till after the weekend…. F()(;@!

Mind you my batteries are 18 inch’s above the bilge

I hit the bilge pump built in float switch died 2 seasons ago it starts but now I’ve got to start moving but she’s going to turtle if I Gun it !

I put my friend on the Bow to hopefully put a little counter weight was a little touch and go at first even with the tabs and motor trimmed all the way down she was squatting like an inch below the motor well

In about 5 minutes I was able to get her on plane back at the ramp dry enough to pull her out go home get my plug and head back out

But we used all our luck up. And got skunked which beats swimming
Wayne, It happens but I'll admit I never did it. Then again the Lady Jeanne III was always in a slip.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote