View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 12:55 PM   #188
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I never said the GOP is free of hypocrites. But our democracy is healthier if elected officials, and only elected officials, legislate and make policy. Roe V Wade was a massive violation of that ideal.

"Tell that to the conservatives majority in the us supreme court"

You are basing your attack, on how you are assuming a future case will go.

But as I said, the GOP has plenty of hypocrites.

But our democracy is healthier if elected officials, and only elected officials, legislate and make policy

I’d say Having a potus and his party willingly trying to overturn an election is far more of a concern then republicans claiming unelected bureaucrats are a danger

But the GOP are doing exactly what I said they would do.

the Republican-led House is poised to vote on two abortion-related measures. One would condemn attacks “on pro-life facilities, groups, and churches,” while the other would force medical practitioners to provide care to infants who survive an abortion — a very rare occurrence

Funny their bills seem to be once again influenced by Fox News headlines

'Slow-walked justice': FBI insists it is prosecuting attacks on pro-life centers amid claims of politicization
A pro-life activist says the FBI has 'slow-walked justice' for pregnancy center attacks because of politics

More than 100 pro-life orgs, churches attacked since Dobbs leak
DOJ has yet to announce any arrests in attacks on pro-life centers

Republicans doing what they do best playing the victim and suggesting conspiracies are at play

I Just need gun bill . And they checked all my boxes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device