View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 05:15 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim
Guess how many $600k-$800k houses are for sale in NH at that Price this is from Zillow. 458 agent listing

Mass has 2024 agents listings same price range

And Fla about 1000 listings

Keep convincing yourself people are moving because of Taxes freedoms and all your other right wing talking points

Top 3 reasons

Moving For A New Job:

Moving To Reduce Your Commute:

Moving For a Loved One:

Last out of 10 retirement

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...-to-tampa-bay/

The answers remained a constant for so many years that in 2019 they stopped asking.

“‘The weather’ or ‘I moved here for my job’ were the two primary reasons. Considerably lower down, in third place, was ‘family,’”

But Florida’s elected leaders contend that something different is luring residents. Gov. Ron DeSantis touts the state as a destination for those fleeing COVID-19 restrictions. Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis has suggested northeasterners are escaping “tax hell” for the income-tax-free Sunshine State.

Carrying Ron’s water again?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Where to even begin...

"Guess how many $600k-$800k houses are for sale in NH at that Price this is from Zillow. 458 agent listing

Mass has 2024 agents listings same price range

And Fla about 1000 listings"

I never ever came close to saying that NH has more $600k houses than MA or FL. So what the heck are you responding to? NH has a population nowhere near MA or FL. What I said, and I am 100% correct, is that there are beautiful suburbs in NH where there has been a huge boom of houses in that range - Hollis, Brookline, etc...My point was that it isn't poor trailer trash moving to these places. Go ahead and make that wrong.

When you look at reasons for moving, you need to look at reasons why people move FROM ANOTHER STATE. "Because I wanted a shorter commute", means your data is influenced be people who made a short move within the state. I'm talking about why people move from blue states to red states, not why people move from one part of FL to another part of FL.

If taxes and cost of living aren't a big draw, why is the trend from blue states to red states and not the other way around?

According to realtor.com, the 2 states in the country that gained the most residents in the past year, were TX and FL.

https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/...ng-to-florida/

Low taxes, less brutal covid lockdowns...

If it was all weather-related, people would be moving to CA in huge numbers. They aren't.