View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 04:13 PM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
jim those who are getting the relife . Most never asked for it .. not sure why you can't accept that ... and if it never happened would still be paying their loans and many are still paying their loans because they have more that 10k left to pay . but lets ignore that part

Also jim your taxes over 10 years don't even cover 1 of your childrens cost in a public school never mind 3 children

just like what i posted you'll want a tax refund because your house never had a fire or you feel you shouldn't have to pay taxes once you kids are out of school

So in a nutshell you want other taxpayers to subsidize your school choice.. you can't say that's not True . be we all know how it works
"Most never asked for it .. not sure why you can't accept that "

When did I say that everyone asked for it? I'm criticizing Biden for doing it, and I'm criticizing those like you who say it's sound policy.

I agree most people are just quietly paying off their loans, they didn't ask for this, and they'd be stupid to turn it down.

But you are denying its stupid policy. And you can't defend that, which is why you are claiming I said something I never came close to saying.

"Also jim your taxes over 10 years don't even cover 1 of your childrens cost in a public school"

What in Gods name are you talking about? My annual property taxes to my town are about $8500 for my house, another $2k for my cars and camper. I also pay a ton of state income tax, of which a good chunk goes from my state to my town.

My 2 younger kids go to a K-8 catholic school that costs about $5,500 a year.

How can you just make stuff up, out of thin air?

What I have asked for, is that A PORTION of what I pay to my town (not all of it) gets returned to me if I put my kids in Catholic school. It's my money. They're my kids. Let some of my money (not all of it) go with my kids, to fund a vastly superior education at about one-third the cost of the crappy public education.

You're humiliating yourself with demonstrable falsehoods.

I'm asking for a portion of my money back, that's all. Student loan forgiveness wants other peoples money. That's a very big difference.

"you'll want a tax refund because your house never had a fire or you feel you shouldn't have to pay taxes once you kids are out of school "

Again, you're stupidly wrong. I'll happily fund fire, police, and schools once my kids are out. Even when my kids are grown, I still have a vested interest in having good schools in my community.

Once again, you're claiming that I said things which I have never come close to saying. Even you know that you can't respond to what I'm saying, so you pretend I said stupid things which I'd never, ever say.

Is there any way you can try to stop claiming I''m saying things I never said, and instead respond to what I'm actually saying?