View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 01:43 PM   #528
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, YOU are the one saying that republicans care less about the poor.and it is reflected in their being more concerned w/low taxes There's no evidence that's true, other than your desperate wish for it to be true. The study I posted shows the 2 sides give about the same, so no big difference.But yet you are the one always saying that cons. give more to charity than liberals! I don't bring up charity - you do!!!

"Conserv. always look down at the poor"

Then please explain the stance taken by each side, regarding school choice. I'll wait.Liberals want to make the public schools stronger. Cons. want the ability to go to private schools and want the cities to subsidize their tuition.

"Tell me where I ever said that.
Your (for Scott) a liar."

You're claiming , that you have never dismissed the results of the "Who Really Cares" study, on the basis that the difference is largely due to giving to churches. You've never once said that? Is that what you're saying I made up? Because every single time I bring up that study, you say something like "that's only because republicans give more to their church..."

You said "since you like to dismiss that because you don't think donating to churches qualifies as charity" I have never said it doesn't count as charity - just that the difference between lib/cons. giving is that cons. give to their church. Some of the studies I posted show that. One thing I learned is that the giving is not to the national church but to the local congregation.

I can't read that yellow font., sorry...
Run your curser over the text. I shouldn't have used yellow