View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 08:15 AM   #503
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;1231526]red text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

#^&#^&#^&#^& off with the insults. I didn't come at you with 'some actuary you are' This could have been a good discussion and you turn it to this. I mostly stay out of this cesspool circle jerk you guys engage in daily, made the mistake of turning it on because it was raining and didn't walk the dog before work... My mistake. Glad leach block will engage and lock me out of these for the rest of the work day :-) Have a good day everyone.
"annihilate corporate income taxes which many reviews said did nothing in the trickle down sense and corporations were holding the cash"

And you just accept that? You accept it when your side says that employees aren't better off when companies can keep way more of their profits? Employees aren't better off when their companies are instantly much more valuable? Companies aren't more likely to invest in growth when the math of a cost-benefit analysis changes, because companies can keep 79% of profit instead of 65%? You really believe that?

I got news for you and your Komrades, Bryan. Not all companies are sinister and evil. I've worked for Liberty Mutual, Aetna, Travelers, and The Hartford, all massive companies. All treated their employees fairly (some were better than others), all gave a lot of money and time to local communities, all were good corporate citizens. They weren't charitable organizations to be sure, but they weren't diabolical as the Galactic Empire either. And even though I now work in a cubicle and not a corner office, I know I'm far, far better off when my company makes more money, than I am when it makes less money. The more money my company makes, the better off I am.

When Paul, Pete, Wayne, Spence imply otherwise, it's funny to me. It's sad to me that you'd say something so unbelievably and profoundly stupid, just for partisan political reasons.

Not every cent of extra profit went to the rank and file. Nor should it. The rank and file didn't put up their own capital to start the company, taking incredible risk. But some of that extra money obviously makes its way to the rank and file, some obviously gets invested in growth, meaning more jobs.

Just because Joy Behar, or even Paul Krugman say something Brian, doesn't mean it's true.

Gimme an effing break.