View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 08:03 AM   #501
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

red text.
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1231521]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ok. so trump did t do anything different with the coming, he just ride the obama wave? THATS what you’re saying? No, I am saying the wave was there, as you say at the end, he juiced it, but he didn't create it

He didn’t cut personal taxes Agree, which is why many said they are better off economically, agree, this did reduce takes on many people. I paid less taxes those years , annihilate corporate income taxes which many reviews said did nothing in the trickle down sense and corporations were holding the cash, eliminate what he thought were wasteful regulations many of which were environmentally not favorable and many of us (big one for me) would oppose, he didn’t find economic opportunity zones i. struggling urban areas, did you see the PBS piece on this last year? Good concept, didnt work nearly as intended, many big investors made a lot of money though. he didn’t incentivize companies to bring back massive sums of cash that weren’t worse as? WSJ review would say this was not anywhere near what Trump claimed it would be/was. It trickled in but well less than claimed. Oversold but not a full negative

Et tu Bryan? Et tu? I thought you were the one single lefty here who was pretty honest, even about things that didn’t specifically serve his agenda. Sorry my quick response didn't offer a point by point breakdown of Trumps policies on a fishing message board

Here’s what happened. Trump obviously inherited a roaring economy. Then he did the things he did, which had the effect of pouring gasoline on the economic fire. Whether you happen to like it or not, that’s what happened. No #^&#^&#^&#^&. The gasoline is a good analogy. It burned hot and fast, even without COVID there would have been a marked downside to his bell curve after all that. He did things very differently from obama, and it worked until we voluntarily chose to shut the economy down. In 2019 there was a study that 75% of economists thought we were due for by 2021. Not saying economists know what is coming, but they clearly recognized the 10+ year economic wave had to break eventually, even without COVID

TDS claims another.
Some scientist you are.
#^&#^&#^&#^& off with the insults. I didn't come at you with 'some actuary you are' This could have been a good discussion and you turn it to this. I mostly stay out of this cesspool circle jerk you guys engage in daily, made the mistake of turning it on because it was raining and didn't walk the dog before work... My mistake. Glad leach block will engage and lock me out of these for the rest of the work day :-) Have a good day everyone.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"