View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 10:07 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Wiman and their magic vaginas

In the aftermath of the US supreme court decision that ended the right to abortion, amid nationwide protests over the removal of women’s control over their own bodies, one Utah Republican said women could “control [their] intake of semen”.

The comment by Karianne Lisonbee, a state representative, came in response to an assertion that men should be held accountable for unwanted pregnancies, not just pregnant women, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

“I got a text message today saying I should seek to control men’s ejaculations and not women’s pregnancies,” Lisonbee said.

She added: “I do trust women enough to control when they allow a man to ejaculate inside of them and to control that intake of semen.”
(1) it did not end the right to abortion. It sent the question to the states, where per the constitution it belongs.

(2) women have long had limits on what they can do with their bodies, in particular they cannot use their body in a way that harms someone else. There’s no controversy over laws that prevent female teachers from sleeping with male students. So there are already laws in the books that limit the choices women can make with their own bodies, when those choices would harm someone else. And no one protests those laws.

Am I responsible for what a Utah state senator says Paul? If so, are t you responsible for US Rep Hank Johnson saying Guam
might tip over if we build on it? Or for Hilary saying that her husbands victims were looney tunes narcissists? Or for biden saying republicans want to put blacks in chains?

Either we’re responsible for the lunatics in our side, or we’re not. But it applies equally to both of us.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device