View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 11:30 AM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess this is the reason many states aren't making an exception for rape. Maybe the woman should just "lay back and enjoy it"

A Republican nominee in a closely watched House race in Virginia made bizarre and false comments about rape victims, saying in leaked audio recordings that she wouldn’t be surprised if a woman’s body prevents pregnancies from rape because “it’s not something that’s happening organically,” and that the rapist is doing it “quickly.”
In the second clip, after the unidentified woman said she heard that it is “harder for a woman to get pregnant if she’s been raped,” Ms. Vega replied: “Well maybe, because there’s so much going on in the body, I don’t know. I haven’t, haven’t, you know, seen any studies but if I’m processing what you’re saying it wouldn’t surprise me, because it’s not something that’s happening organically, right? It’s forcing it.”

After the unidentified woman said the body “shuts down,” Ms. Vega replied: “Yeah, yeah, and then the individual, the male, is doing it as quickly, it’s not like, you know, and so I can see why maybe there’s truth to that.”
"I guess this is the reason many states aren't making an exception for rape. Maybe the woman should just "lay back and enjoy it"

Or you could ask someone what the reason is, which is how normal people inform themselves. The reason, and it's harsh but principled, is this...if you believe the baby is a person at conception, then the circumstances of the conception don't change that. It's a principled thing to believe.

Is that a state house race or a US house race? Hope she loses whatever race that is.

US Rep Hank Johnson (D-GA), said that he was afraid that building a military base on Guam might cause Guam to tip over. He literally said that. And no one on the left cares, because it's perfectly OK when democrats say outrageous things. Just this week, Pelosi, the terrific Catholic, looked down at a little Hispanic girl standing next to her, then elbowed her out of the way. If Marjorie Taylor Green had done that?

Everything is OK when democrats do it. But all Republicans are responsible for the insane things that kooks on their side say.

The Chicago mayor said in public, "F--- Clarence Thomas". That's OK.