View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 01:58 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the right to own guns is explicitly guaranteed. The right to kill your unborn baby was invented out of thin air by judges who thought it was their job to be activists.

Activists play a very important role. But they make terrible
judges. I guess you have no idea what the blindfold represents on every statue of lady justice in every courthouse in the country.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Actually activist judges have now interpreted this to mean citizens, not militia and overturned a hundred year old state law.

Generations of Supreme Court and academic opinion held that the amendment did not confer on individuals a right “to keep and bear Arms” but, rather, referred only to the privileges belonging to state militias. This was not a controversial view. The late Chief Justice Warren E. Burger said, in 1991, that the idea that the Second Amendment conferred a right for individuals to bear arms was “a fraud on the American public.” Burger was no liberal, and his view simply reflected the overwhelming consensus on the issue at the time.

But hopefully you’ll get the results you wished for.

Over 20,000 civilians have been killed by gun violence in the US in 2022 so far.

Compare that with 4,662 verified civilian war deaths in Ukraine.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin