View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 01:46 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"In 2020, per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden."

Why is state control more important than city control? Other than the fact that it makes the point you desperately want to make...

"Controlling the availability and distribution of guns nationwide will make a difference,"

Not a big difference, not when there are already 400 million guns out there, many in the hands of violent criminals. We've had nationwide gun control laws and assault weapons bans.

"Federal law requires magazine limitation for duck hunting—no more than 3 rounds in a shotgun. Why? It's not fair to ducks."

I'm not disagreeing with you. But why not address all aspects of this, as opposed to limiting the discussion to topics that are political winners for the left?
So when I rebut your usual Chicago DC trope it becomes my “desperate point” because gun crime in Trumplican strongholds is moot

Nobody is saying to only look at one cause except the right, who’s claiming that the second amendment means more than “a well regulated militia” and how dare you threaten my ability to have as many guns as I want without restrictions, etc.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin