Thread: Trump
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 01:19 PM   #1227
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1224594]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I cite the Catholic Church because no other organization in the world has ever had a systemic child abuse and institutional coverup anywhere near as widespread as the Catholic Church.

A Church-commissioned report in 2004 said more than 4,000 US Roman Catholic priests had faced sexual abuse allegations in the last 50 years, in cases involving more than 10,000 children - mostly boys.

About 333,000 children were abused within France's Catholic Church, a report finds

A 2009 report found that sexual and psychological abuse was "endemic" in Catholic-run industrial schools and orphanages in Ireland for most of the 20th Century.

Theodore McCarrick, a former Roman Catholic cardinal in the US, was defrocked over claims he sexually assaulted a teenager in New York in the early 1970s. Mr McCarrick - thought to be the highest-ranking US Catholic to face sex abuse charges - has said he has "no recollection" of the alleged abuse, and pleaded not guilty at a US court last month

The Catholic Church in Scotland announced that it was setting up an independent watchdog to deal with abuse complaints against members of the clergy following a number of sex scandals where the church was accused of failing to respond to concerns

Germany's top Roman Catholic cleric, Cardinal Reinhard Marx, earlier this year offered his resignation over child sex abuse scandals, saying it was important to him "to share the responsibility for the catastrophe". However, the Pope later rejected his resignation

In November 2020, New York's Attorney General filed a lawsuit against the Buffalo Catholic Diocese, alleging its leaders protected priests accused of child sex abuse. The diocese has pledged "full cooperation" with authorities

French priest Bernard Preynat was sentenced to five years in prison in March 2020 for sexually abusing dozens of children in the 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s. During his trial, he told the court he had not understood how serious or grave his crimes were

Australian Cardinal George Pell - the most senior Catholic figure ever jailed for such crimes - had his conviction for child abuse overturned in April 2020 and was freed from prison. Australia's High Court judges agreed that the jury had not properly considered all the evidence presented at the trial. The former senior adviser to the Pope had consistently maintained his innocence.
Pete, I never said, or came close to implying, that all trans people are predators. You merely heard that, as you hear many many things that no one has ever said.

Most trans people are totally harmless. But it only takes a nanosecond of rational thought to predict that some monsters out there will use this as an excuse to get access to victims.

It is fact that all a man has to do is say "I'm a woman", and the left will allow him to act like a woman. That doesn't mean all trans folk are dangerous. But some are, and I'm not inclined to sacrifice a single innocent female on the altar of idiotic woke virtue-signaling. You are. I'm not.

You are the one, not me, who is taking a few bad apples (Catholics in this case) and pretending that the whole barrel is rotten. You do it constantly.

You call me out for saying that all trans people are bad (which I never came close to saying), then you paint all catholics with the pedophile brush. You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing, and which I never did.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-22-2022 at 01:43 PM..