Thread: Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #427
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Make not mistake - we are likely as close to all out nuclear war as we have been since Cuba. Putin is a madman.

Yep. How much have you been watching what is happening there? Seems to me the best and brightest RUS forces have not been as much in contact as expected. Some of the forces used are the Rosgardia, loosely akin, but not as capable / competent as our National Guard units.

The fact that Ukraine still has active AAD and Air Forces not yet 72 hours in is impressive. Block to block fighting in Kyiv might favor the Ukranians.

Ukraine has held Cherniv, Kharkiv, Sumy, Mariupol, the rough line of Kuhansk Donetsk. Yesterday they staged a deep strike to a couple airfields close to Kyiv, initially held those fields but were beaten back enough that the follow on Ilyushins carrying reinforcements were reportedly turned around.

Also rumors of two RUAF Ilyushins shot down tonight IAO Kyiv carrying landing forces with probably a 150-200 troops each.

They have a lot of issues with RUS forces in outskirts of Kyiv as well as a 100-120K breakout from Crimea. Some RUS SF have reportedly shed their RUS uniforms and donned UA uniforms.

Fustercluck

Some estimates of over 3000 Russian casualties so far.

Fighting in Kyiv relatively close to Maidan:

I saw those troop carries being shot down man pads? I didn’t think we gave them any stingers but did just read Poland sent some Grom shoulder-fired heat-seeking surface-to-air missiles, and it look like they are using them on high casualties targets …with success

The Ukraine’s know their land not sure if they ever constructed many obstacles or mined road ways

Sending Conscripting troops with less than a year experience to fight a 3 front war , looks like Russians haven’t learned from WW2 and their send everyone approach
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device