Thread: Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 02:06 PM   #401
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"This is genius. Bin Laden takes down these buildings with a couple of planes. How smart is that? That's pretty savvy.

"Bin Laden liked me. I liked him. Had I been in office, this wouldn't have happened."

— What former president Clinton did not say on Sept. 11, 2001
More of you're critical theory type trickery. You post something that notorious anti-Trump George Conway tweeted, but you don't mention the source. You do insert the quotation marks, but Conway already put them there in his tweet. Conway was never all that meticulously truthful in the things he said about Trump. And I couldn't find with a quick search the words he seems to attribute to Trump actually being said by Trump. Conway's Tweet sounds like something he made up then followed by saying that Clinton never said it. OK . . . so what?

Trump did sort of say the "that's pretty savvy" bit in a radio interview. He said that about Putin's method and rhetoric in the invasion of Ukraine. And he mentioned Putin's framing his invasion as peace-keeping. “How smart is that? And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No . . . Here’s a guy who’s very savvy" It was typical Trump sarcasm. He said that the invasion was a disaster. He was mocking the notion that Putin was merely "peace-keeping."

Last edited by detbuch; 02-25-2022 at 02:23 PM..