View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 05:36 PM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It’s all about Taking what people see as Their Taxes and spending it on their private or religious or charters school .

I find it odd Republicans support the idea that people who may rent an apartment or live in public housing and pay little to no taxes and flip the bill for their children to go where they want ! That’s what conservatives want voters to think

School choice is for them hidden in the we’re helping underserved communities

But in reality Most often, the voucher, ESA, or tax incentive will not cover the full cost of a child's education. Parents or guardians are expected to make up the difference.
Hard to make up a difference when you can barely afford to live where you live

Most taxpayers want their tax dollars to go to the classroom for teaching and learning. Yet time and again, some charters spent far more than public schools on administration. In 2014-2015, Arizona charter schools spent over $128 million more than Arizona public schools on management costs. One charter chain, Basis, spent nearly $12 million on administrative costs in one year, for fewer than 9000 students — all hidden from public review.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...school-choice/

The Racist History Of “School Choice”

We are less than six months into 2021, and to date, “school choice” legislation has been introduced in at least 20 states, half of which are in the South. Most of these bills promote tax credits, school vouchers, or “education savings accounts.” All of them drain money from underfunded, under-resourced public schools into private schools. And while some proponents of these bills say that they will improve education opportunities for Black and Brown students and students from low-income families, the truth is that they do not

The Charter School Swindle – Selling Segregation to Blacks and Latinos

https://www.forbes.com/sites/raymond...school-choice/

A liberal source
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
school choice is racist!!! that’s why poor block parents want it so badly.

partial scholarships are worthless, that’s what you’re saying. anything that doesn’t cover the full
cost is useless?

are coupons useless and racist???’n
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device