View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 04:50 PM   #2
PaulS

So who was the HHS spokesman? That quote was from the WFB saying a HHS spokesman said that.

From what I read it is things like alcohol swabs, chap lips stick, etc.

I agree giving out pipes is crazy. Click on the links and even the fox clip I saw everyone said it didn't include pipes.

The Health and Human Services (HHS) Department will not use federal money to provide crack pipes to vulnerable communities, the Biden administration indicated on Wednesday.

In a press release, Becerra and Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) Director Dr. Rahul Gupta said the administration was "focused on using our resources smartly to reduce harm and save lives. Accordingly, no federal funding will be used directly or through subsequent reimbursement of grantees to put pipes in safe smoking kits."

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said on Wednesday the reporting was inaccurate and that crack pipes were never part of the smoking kits. The Free Beacon claimed, however, to have spoken with a HHS spokesman who confirmed that crack pipes and other paraphernalia would be part of the kits.