View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 10:51 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Now it’s my job to make your case?

Again your just upset a brown person called out Bias

Basically saying Try walking in my shoes before YOU Aka WHITE DUDE . Tells me how easy it was or how I should have walked

The line was almost identical every time:

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would, more often than not, reach a better conclusion."

That sentence, or a similar one, has appeared in speeches Sotomayor delivered in 1994, 1999, 2002, 2004 and 2001. In that speech, she included the phrase "than a white male who hasn't lived that life" at the end, which sparked cries of racism from some Republicans.

Look at that what a shocker cries of racism from some Republicans

How that for context Jim and Scott

You 2 are like a moths to the flame
parroting Republicans talking point wash rinse and repeat
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Now it’s my job to make your case?"

Huh?

No. But if you say I took it out of context, you should provide the correct context. You didn't.

What bias did she call out? She said female Latinas have a superior life experience compared to us male gringos.

It's textbook bigotry.

The bias is hers.

"Basically saying Try walking in my shoes before YOU Aka WHITE DUDE . Tells me how easy it was or how I should have walked "

That's not within a million miles of what she said. She said her experience generates more wisdom that that of a white man.

You completely changed what she said, to make it more benign. I have no problem with what you said. But that's nowhere near what she said.

Sotomayor said female latinas are superior to white men. How did you hear, "don't judge me unless you've walked a mile in my shoes"?

She didn't say female latinas are different. She said they're better.