View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 02:02 AM   #226
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Back to Covid
AZ had over 20,000 new cases of COVID on Friday, and the state has officially requested President Biden send military paramedics to help with overflowing hospitals.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Staffing continues to be a top concern for Arizona hospitals.

"To me, it's the biggest thing that keeps me up at night," said Dr. Joshua LaBaer, director of ASU's Biodesign Institute. "That's the biggest scare. There are empty beds, but there's no one to staff the beds, and that's the big concern."

Mayo Clinic fires 700 unvaccinated employees, including in Arizona

Dec 31, 2021 Updated Jan 5, 2022

Nursing shortages compounding Southern Arizona health care crisis
More than 240 jobs are open at St. Joseph’s and St. Mary’s hospitals.

Northwest Health? More than 400 between its three hospitals, multiple clinics and now, a fourth hospital, Northwest Medical Center Houghton, which is scheduled to open next year.

At Banner Health’s Tucson locations there are 454 vacant posts, and more than 400 jobs are available at Tucson Medical Center.

Of these 1,500 or so openings, which include laboratory techs, radiology workers, housekeepers and other support services, the greatest number of vacancies continues by far to be for what the community needs most: nurses.

There are roughly 600 nursing vacancies in Tucson right now.