View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 12:33 PM   #156
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"the Pope just stated it’s a good Christian’s moral obligation to get vaccinated"

Me, my wife, and kids are fully vaccinated. I've never, ever spoke against vaccines here. I don't understand why people aren't getting vaccinated. (Though with omicron and likely with future variants, the vaccines will likely be less crucial as it becomes even less deadly)

It's interesting, none of you libs here could comment on the low black vaccination rate, not one of you (either Wayne or Pete brilliantly suggested they were all black Republicans, THAT was hilarious). But you are all over conservative demographics with low vaccine rates. Why is that?

Are unvaccinated liberals less dangerous than unvaccinated conservatives? One would think so, based on how selective you all are about who you criticize for being unvaccinated, and who you give a pass to for being unvaccinated.

If you think you have ever made me "flail away", you are flattering yourself. All you can do is lob baseless insults, because I'm honest and thoughtful and can praise and criticize either side as facts warrant. Yes you've really got me on the ropes.
The lefties are good at resorting to a sort of secular situational ethics that create a scenario or proposition that appears to be reasonable but actually contradicts or disregards a claim they've made in another situation.

For instance, re this thread, they go on and on about how lousy our health care is compared to other advanced countries, and how that depresses the overall health of the people of this nation. Yet, when they constantly posted statistics, week after week in 2020 that showed how Covid caused more deaths in the U.S., they disregarded all the differentiating demographic factors between us and the other advanced countries, including their own mantra about the relatively poor health of Americans, and blamed it all on Trump. Even though it was well known that dying of Covid was mostly a result of co-morbidity. The very co-morbidities that they claimed were disproportionately due to what they claimed was our poor health care system.

They conveniently forget about previous claims in other situations in order to advance an agenda in another situation. When it was pointed out in 2020 that the number of covid deaths was being inflated because hospitals were attributing all deaths to Covid even if patients were admitted for other reasons, it was sternly rebutted as being somehow insignificant. It didn't matter because even if the patient died of a heart attack, that might not have happened at that time if the patient didn't also have covid.

But now, Trump is gone, so we can probably admit, or even tamp down, the number of deaths due to Covid. We now can recognize the difference in dying "with" covid from dying "of" Covid.