View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 07:06 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/usc-b...alth-outcomes/

30 million people remain uninsured. About half of those 30 million are people of color.
Fourteen states have refused to expand Medicaid under the ACA, which is one of the reasons why people of color are disproportionately likely to be uninsured today. This includes some of the states with the largest populations of Black Americans.
More than 90 percent of the people who don’t have insurance because their state did not expand Medicaid live in the South.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
just tell me how you read my last post, and concluded that i think that every single job offers health insurance. Please please explain that to me.

Stating facts that show that people
of color are disproportionately poor, isn’t evidence of racism. not even close. it’s not even close to proving racism.

White people who drop out of high school and start having kids out of wedlock, also tend to get menial
jobs that don’t offer insurance.

that’s how we know it’s not about racism. race doesn’t predict outcome. the quality of the family one is raised with, and their ability to make good decisions and willingness to work hard, THAT determines outcome.

you quoted Brookings. Great! They also showed that people who follow three simple rules ( graduate from high school, work full time, don’t have kids unless you’re married) have almost zero chance of living in poverty, and that applies to all races. again, that’s proof, irrefutable proof, that race doesn’t predict outcome. if race was the factor, than blacks who go to good colleges and who work hard, would still be poor. But they aren’t.

You can’t compare outcomes if all blacks to all whites. you have to make it an apples to apples comparison. compare blacks and whites who have the same education level, things like that. it’s very very basic stuff.

you say statistics don’t lie, yet we all know you’ll deny that statistic.

You are confusing correlation with causation.

If you look at fatal bear attacks in the US, you’ll find that white people are disproportionately killed by bears. Does that mean bears are racist against whites? or is it because whites are way more likely than blacks to live in rural
places where there are encounters with bears?

a summary of the brookings study.

you quoted brookings above. and you said statistics done lie.

blacks who follow those three unbelievable simple
rules, are very very likely to be in the middle class. Those are the statistics.

https://www.wilsonpost.com/opinion/c...a30be1da3.html

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-09-2021 at 07:18 AM..